Along with brushing, your child’s diet plays a massive part in looking after their teeth and preventing tooth decay, as well as looking after their general health.
Here are some pointers to help keep your children’s smiles bright for their future
- Brush twice a day with an age appropriate fluoride toothpaste.
- Use a children’s tooth brush with a small head and apply a small pea sized amount of toothpaste.
- Supervise your child when they brush their teeth ensuring they reach all areas.
- Encourage your child to spit out any excess toothpaste.
- Avoid brushing straight after acidic foods and drinks such as fruit juices, either brush before or at least 30 minutes after.
- Limit the amount of sugary foods and snacks and watch out for hidden sugars in things like cereals, sauces, yogurts & smoothies.
- Visit the dentist for regular checks ups from an early age to get them used to dental visits and spot any early problems.
- Make brushing fun!! Let your child chose their own tooth brush or even try a children’s electric toothbrush
We look forward to seeing all the children’s bright smiles for their dental check ups this summer!
For more information, please visit Colgate’s website.