18th April 2019
Cannot beat the taste of an Easter egg, but why does it always taste nicer than a bar of chocolate?!
Limit chocolate and sugary drinks to meal times
- As your mouth is already producing saliva, it doesn’t have to work harder to fight off the extra sugar and acid.
- Saliva helps to neutralise the acids, wash away food bits and repair the early effects of tooth decay by re-mineralising tooth enamel.
- The more sweet foods and drinks you consume, the higher the risk of tooth decay.
- Try and reduce how often you consume sugary foods/drinks.
- Encourage your children to drink water.
Did you know that Dark chocolate contains less sugar than milk chocolate?!
Research suggests that dark chocolate is better for your teeth than milk chocolate as it contains less sugar. Dark chocolate is made from cocoa beans which contain tannins, polyphenols and flavonoids.
These are a type of strong antioxidant that benefits your mouth and teeth.
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A LOVELY EASTER BREAK WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS.
ENJOY ANY EASTER EGGS…….
BUT PLEASE DON’T FORGET TO BRUSH MORNING AND NIGHT!