19th December 2021
Covid-19 Update – Dec 2021
With the continuing uncertainty and disruption from the Covid-19 pandemic, the information below is the latest guidance dental practices have to follow from December 2021. Please be aware that guidance can change at any minute and there may be a delay before our website can be updated. In addition, Covid-19 guidance across healthcare in the UK can differ from national guidance e.g. we encourage all patients attending the practice to wear a face mask, even if not required to in national guidance.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Patients attending our Wolverhampton practice will fall into one of two groups:
- Respiratory pathway patients – i.e. those that have or at higher risk of carrying a Covid-19 virus strain.
- Non-respiratory pathway patients – i.e. those who do not have or at lower risk of carrying a Covid-19 virus strain.
You will be asked a series of questions, ideally before you attend or just before you enter the surgery, to help us determine which pathway you fall into.
These questions are:
- Do you have any of the following symptoms:
• high temperature or fever?
• new, continuous cough?
• a loss or alteration to taste or smell?
2. Have you or any member of your household/family had a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19 in the last 10 days?
3. Are you or any member of your household/family waiting for a COVID-19/SARS-CoV-2 PCR test result?
4. Have you travelled internationally in the last 10 days to a country that is on the government red list?
5. Have you or any member of your household/family been advised to isolate by any NHS organisation in the last 10 days?
The pathway you enter will determine how we manage your dental care at that visit. Those in the respiratory pathway maybe asked to rebook their appointment for the safety of other patients attending the practice and our staff.
Thank you for your co-operation during these uncertain times. Please keep safe.