25th August 2016
Keep that happy smile …….!
Our Wolverhampton Dentist Tips for a Happy Smile
With the holidays nearing to an end with finishing of last minute shoe shopping, uniform buying and getting haircuts, your children’s oral health shouldn’t be overlooked.
It’s important we encourage our children to make tooth brushing fun so they can build it into their daily routine for their future.
Depending on the age of the child there are lots of things that can be used to help and to encourage.
Things that have helped me get my children brushing are:
- Tooth brushing sticker charts
- Let them choose their own toothbrush
- Tooth brushing app e.g. Brush DJ developed by a dentist Ben Underwood http://www.brushdj.com/
- Using a mirror when brushing their teeth etc.
Top Tips for a healthy smile
- Change toothbrushes every 3 months or when the bristles are splayed out.
- Brush x 2 a day= morning and night with pea sized amount of fluoride toothpaste for 2 minutes (supervise the under 7’s).
- Have a balanced and healthy diet, limiting snacking between meals.
- Visit your dentist regularly.
Check out the singing dentist, my children’s favourite!:
All the very best for all the children going up to their new classes and new schools. We will see you all very soon for your routine examinations.
Keep smiling 🙂